The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Rare Photo of Red Silverstone: When "NOSFP" becomes "NM"

OK, folks, here it, the moment that is rarely captured on film (or digital media) . . . the mysterious, magical, bittersweet moment when a "New Old Stock" watch (or in this case, a "New Old Stock From Parts" watch) makes the transition to being nothing more than a "Near Mint" watch.

It happened this morning, at 08:53 AM, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT minus five), exactly nine minutes and eight seconds into the morning commute . . . so I pulled over to record it for posterity. I usually can't stand "wrist shots" [unless it is David's wrist], and I have never particularly liked the "hand on steering wheel" photo, but this is a photo that had to be taken.

Special thanks to Bill Mahoney (Squinky) for the beautiful strap . . . fantastic look to this old one. And of course, thanks to "The Master", for this amazing watch.

I will be writing more about this one soon, but was hoping that some of you might help cheer me up from the pain of this traumatic moment.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE