The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I tend to agree
In Response To: Re: I tend to agree ()

Heuer had a very steady growth, there was no real hype and only a rather small group of collectors. Now with the international campaign and all the press stories this has changed. Also when I started collecting there was hardly any information available, today we have at least 10 sites on the web talking about Autavias, Silverstones and Monacos. It is easy for newbies to ask questions onthedash, vintage heuer, vetroplastica which spreads the word of mouth further. Rare watches and top quality will always work well, look at the early speedys and the seamaster 300 royal navy which had a steady increase after omegamania. There are professional dealers linked to the forums which supply honest watches. All in all a pretty amazing infrastructure !!
Lots of work done time to enjoy ;-))
A pity is that good watches are getting so scarce to find and production volumes have been low compared to Rolex, is Heuer the next coming topbrand, yes for sure, as the brand has all important parameters > good movements, fantastic designs, diversive portfolio, rare variations, low volumes and many good stories to tell.
There is still lots to discover !
Good Heuer hunting...

Cheers

Arno

: Silverstones are performing better than last year, prices have gone
: up steadily - but not spectacularly. Perhaps 10%+

: The demand seems to be centred around bordeaux variants, less so
: fume. Blue are a bit rarer than bordeaux variants but without a
: doubt right now bordeaux is most requested.

: I expect interest to continue at least until post Bonhams auction
: and guess much will depend on the 1/1 Red Silverstone price
: achieved. My hunch would be that if the hammer price is at or
: above the £8k estimate we may well see Silverstone values
: increase further. Of course there may well be a general increase
: in Heuers post Bonhams auction, in fact i expect the rarer
: variants and nos Heuers to increase further...i guess the real
: question is will this hold for the medium term or drop back down
: as per Omegamania.

: Cheers

: Rich

: www.heuermonaco.co.uk
: www.heuersilverstone.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE