The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Don´t know the type
In Response To: Don´t know the type *PIC* ()

Hi Sven, ( er du dansk ? )
this style of watch is known as a "Jump watch". It is the very first of the digital watches (albeit that it is analog and not led/lcd). I strongly doubt that this watch was produced by Heuer even though the name is clearly printed on the masking dial.
Over the years there have been a few of these styled watches show up on ebay and various other places with a Heuer sheild printed on the front but we have, i'm sorry to say, no real evidence of them being genuine Heuer. I'd like to add that I'm a bit of a jump watch fan myself and have several in my collection. I'd love to be proved wrong by another forum member and then chase a real Heuer jump watch for myself.
I say enjoy your inherited piece for what it is regardless of the brand.
- Darren
-
-
-
-
-
: I inherit this watch, but I don´t know the name of the watch and
: how old it is. Please help me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE