The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My first Vintage Heuer

I’m very excited, last night I purchased my first vintage Heuer from an estate auction. Unfortunately I don’t know much about vintage Heuer’s so I’m hoping that the seasoned pros here can help me out with some information about this watch.

I do realize that there are fakes out there and I’m hoping that this is the real deal. From what I’ve read this is model 1614 with a Valjoux 7765 movement. I’ve already had this watch to my watch repair guy and he has verified for me that it is in fact a Valjoux 7765 movement. He also tested the watch and it appears to be running +/- 6 seconds. From what I can tell the hands look to be original.

Overall the watch appears to be in fantastic shape with the exception of the case back (it appears as though someone tried to take the case back off without using an adjustable case wrench tool). The crystal, face, hands and front case are in amazing shape.

I noticed on the face of my watch at the 6 o’clock position it reads “Ebauche Suisse”, while on some other models it reads “Made in France”. I’m wondering if there is any difference.

Please PM me if you know where I might find a vintage Heuer strap for this watch.

Please feel free to comment (good or bad). I'd also be interested to find out what the fair market value for this timepiece.

Thanks
Jay

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE