The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
World Summit London 14 & 15 December Haslinger Collection

To avoid confusion I have started a new thread:
I called Paul Maudsley (Bonhams) today and managed to get some information as follows:

The Auction
The Haslinger Collection will be auctioned at Bonham's Bond Street rooms on the 15th December starting at 1PM. It will be followed by another collection of fine watches comprising 250 lots.

Accommodation - 3 choices as follows:
1. Paul has recommended The Mermaid Suite Hotel which is next door to Bonhamns. It is reasonable priced starting at around £85 per night bed and breakfast. He can arrange a block booking and a preferential rate. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.mermaidsuite.co.uk/
2. Again Paul recommended the Radisson Edwardian Berkshire Hotel 3 minutes walk from Bonhams. Rooms around £180 per night. A little more upmarket and again Paul can arrange a block booking. Here is the web site: http://www.radissonedwardian.com/londonuk_berkshire
3. Make your own arrangements as per earlier suggestions in either upmarket hotels in the area (Ritz, Claridges etc) or go on the web and search for London Hotels (suggestion: last minute deals can be good but you may not get a location near Bonhams)

Summit
I suggest dinner on the 14th December starting early evening at a local restaurant. Paul can help with this as well.

I am happy to co-ordinate the accommodation and dinner on behalf of the forum members. May I suggest you email me you preferred choice of accommodation (option 1 or 2) and if you are interested in coming to the dinner on the 14th December. Email me your intentions.
regards
Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE