The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 1000 Professional

I have a common Heuer 1000 Professional. A 980.029L. You know, the Black and Gold ones.

I realize it is not in the elite watch category, but I am the original owner and I would like to get it going good again. I know I have had the watch in excess of 20 years.

Here are my questions:

1. It has been for service to the Pro-Time NJ Center twice. Is this still the best place for service? Btw, I was a bit chapped when, the last time it was there, they simply removed my "Heuer" face and replaced it with one that said, "Tag-Heuer". Not very sporting.
2. My original black and gold bracelet is quite worn, barely servicable. Does anyone have an opinion on a decent looking replacement bracelet?? Honestly, I don't wish to spend $200 on a bracelet. This watch will not be worn by royalty.

Thanks for any help.

PS I wore this watch diving any number of times in it's earlier days. But I will consider it retired from diving, if not quite myself.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer 1000 Professional
Re: Heuer 1000 Professional
Re: Heuer 1000 Professional
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE