The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Talking of Grey Monacos...A Side by Side Comparison. *PIC*

I have been lucky enough to come by a very nice pair of 1133 Greys and have never owned a black sub register variant before. I had always wondered about the subtle (or no so subtle actually) differences between the dials and their finishes.

I think this provides proof that the colour is quite different and so to the grain, with more grain on the early Grey/Grey variant (closer to the grain of metallic 1133b trans/chronomatics). I say early as i'm farily sure the G/B is a early to mid 70s dial and like the pictures in the 1970 catalogue (one on the cover G/G with recessed subs with blue lume) the G/G is the Grey version that came to market first at the same time as the 1133b metallic dials so late 1969 and 1970s.

They are both beauties however i prefer the metallic dials with grain in them so for me the G/G just edges out the G/B due to this. However perhaps one day we will unearth a Grey dial with the grain with recessed black subs...not painted subs?!

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE