The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What's on your wrist today (even re-issues allowed ;-)) *PIC*

So to mark the 1yr anniversary of www.heuermonaco.co.uk I have placed my favourite watch on my wrist.

Is it a Heuer, oh yes and to me the most modern (yet still vintage) looking Monaco of them all? I wasn't initially a fan of manual winding watches (and you need to be careful winding these Dark Lords as the PVD finish is unbelievably fragile) but I now appreciate this process each morning, it becomes an "experience". It has some impact and it’s the contrast of the dial, lume and hands which to me really sings, Chronomatics might be rarer or more expensive but to me it's the PVD that is top of the pops!

Many thanks to all those who have helped me this past year, too numerous to mention but the loudest shout goes to Paul Gavin, I shall raise a glass to you tonight mate, big thanks from me to you. I'd have never thought last September that the site would have had much traffic let alone 37000 individual visits and a couple of hundred thousand page hits. I'm not even sure I knew until I checked the other day that there was well over 100 pages...not sure when or how they all appeared!

The interest in Heuer as a brand seems to be growing, just look at the new faces popping up on OTD as evidence, long may this continue, its an incredible brand dare I say unique and I think in this world where so much is a copy of something else its great to celebrate uniqueness!

Cheers and here's to the next 12 months!

Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE