The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I can't believe Jim Beam is more expensive than Jack

Daniels at the Soho Club (6.50 pounds vs. 6.00 pounds for a cocktail, on their drinks menu)! Is Jim Beam considered a premium liquor in Great Britain? I would never drink Jim Beam if Jack Daniels was also available on the bar menu! Makers Mark is pretty darn good, too, though and it's from Kentucky (like Jim Beam) so it can officially/legally be referred to as "Bourbon" whereas my favorite Jack Daniels is referred to as a "sour mash whiskey" since it's distilled in neighboring Tennessee. . . . .

Ooops! Sorry! Way off the main subject there, folks!! Back to watches! I wish you all a very wonderful time at the "Auction" Summit in December. I am very jealous I can't attend, too. Sounds like Paul has done a fabulous job lining up accomodations, dinner, etc., and he is to be congratulated for his efforts on everyone's behalf! I'll raise from glass (Jack Daniels and coke with a slice of lime) from across the Atlantic to all you fine folks in London (and Heuer lovers everywhere else in the world) those two evenings and can hardly wait to read all your reports, posts and pictures regarding the auction and camaraderie! Travel safely and have a great time in London and please help keep many of the watches "in the family"!
Cheers!
Steve Greene

: FINAL CALL – DINNER on the 14th December

: We have secured a booking for up to 24 people on the roof deck at
: Soho House, a private members club on Greek Street in Soho (near
: Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club). The price is £40 per head for a
: three course meal. Drinks are extra. Here is the link:

: http://www.sohohouselondon.com/roof-deck-and-terrace/roof-deck/

: I need confirmation from you if you would like to attend. Please
: email me at the above address. The venue will be held for 2
: days. If we get more that 24 interested parties we will look for
: a larger space. If you have not already done so or if you have
: not had an email from me today, send me an email confirming that
: you would like to attend.

: ACCOMODATION IN LONDON – 14th December

: Please let me know if you are looking for a room in London for the
: 14th of December plus any additional nights before or after.
: Once again vacancies are tight so first come first serve. I will
: do all I can to help but you need to contact me with your
: requirements.

: I am waiting to hear from you.
: Regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE