The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
We Will Change Setting . . . "Thread Starters" Only to RSS

We will change a setting, so that the RSS reader will only show an entry when a new thread is started; messages within existing threads will not show up on the RSS reader.

This will provide notice that a new topic is under discussion, without all the spam / noise whenever replies are posted.

I agree that Twitter is a great tool in this discussion forum business, and I will continue to post on Twitter, when noteworthy things are happening on the forum. RSS seems like a nice tool, as well.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I have tested the RSS feed and it works fine on a technical basis.
: There is a problem, though, when you feed on a reader the content
: of a forum such as this one: it is difficult to follow what's
: going on. If you look at the readed it seems a scrambled version
: of the forum, because you receive a feed for every contribution,
: and they are not grouped by the topic of discussion, but listed
: as soon as they arrive.

: It is good anyway as an eye-catcher to grab your attention on some
: issues especially when you're on the move or short of time.

: I like the way twitter has been used so far, though for this you
: need an active contribution from the forum master on a regular
: basis.

: Ciao,

: Paolo

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE