The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The power of rice.

A few weeks ago I swapped my Autavia Siffert from it's rice grain bracelet back onto it's black perforated leather band as Autumn is upon us here in Blighty and my wrist seem to vary quite considerably in size between hotter months and colder ones and the leather band gives me more room to adjust for fit. I was never realy a great fan of metal bracelets on watches and found myself swapping any new watches I got onto a leather band as soon as possible as I just prefered the look and feel of the leather. I was surprised to find that when the Autavia was sporting his leather band I had found myself bypassing it in the morning 'what to wear' decision, and at one stage almost put a message on Chronotrader about trading the old chap for a Silverstone.

Today though saw me putting the rice grain back on and although with my winter wrist it looks a bit, gangsta, what a transformation! The whole watch looks so much better with the rice grain band on. Maybe having the strap the same material as the case means that there isn't so much in contrast or conflict with the lovely cream dial and blue detailing but whatever it is, I love it and it will be staying with me for a while yet.

Not much point to my story other than that but I was wondering, has anyone else found themselves falling back in love with a old friend after a similar experience?

David H

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE