The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Comments / Hesitations

When I saw this one listed, I had two hesitations, as follows:

• This is my personal preference, but when I buy a military issued watch, I want it to have been issued and worn. How can this one have been issued to a soldier, but never worn? Maybe that can happen, but I am skeptical and, in any event, I want to see that it was worn . . . maybe some light scratches, maybe a small nick . . . I want the soldier, pilot, diver to have used the watch. So the perfect watch in the presentation box is nice for some watches, but -- in my opinion -- not for a military watch.
  • I am also skeptical about these markings. I am not an expert, and there are at least two or three styles of marking on the IDF Eternas, but this marking just looks strange . . . and this comment is from someone reading Hebrew since age six (but military markings only since age 45)!!
Thanks for this interesting thread, and if you learn more about this one, please share it with us.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++

: thanks mate. I pulled back on buying it for that exact reason. Need
: to have 100% knowledge on its heritage, otherwise too risky....

: Cheers

: Eyal

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE