The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Regarding the Haslinger collection and its catalogue

Yesterday I received the Bonhams catalogue, which for some reason is only $AU35 here in Australia. A beautiful book, and worthy of my coffee table.
As a couple of you know, I am in the market for an entry level Heuer, mechanical of course. A fellow member mentioned that he had a Pasadena and with that in mind I was a tad disappointed not to find one in the catalogue, and hence I would presume, not in the collection. Is there something about the Pasadena? It seems that most others models are covered, but not the Pasadena. Any obvious reason to this omittance?
Does anyone have any stats as to what percentage of the Heuer range is covered in Arnos (Mr Haslinger's) collection?
BTW: I will be running a WTB in the sales forum with a 2k budget, I've just got to become a part of this and I figure that at least here I have a better chance on getting an original watch than running the gauntlet with a novice's eyes elsewhere. Feel free to email to preempt my ad, with offers or suggestions. Be gentle, my first Heuer.
There was a question about whether this auction would create more collectors, or simply spread the collection around the already chosen few. I've seen and heard of a few collectors clearing some excess stock to gain funds for this auction. If I buy one of those 'clearance' watches, not having owned a Heuer before, than the auction has attracted at least another collector, another member.
Regards to all, especially Jasper
mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE