The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lots of Re-dial Monacos cropping up again *PIC*

In the past week i have been offfered or been asked about 4 re-dial 73633 variants and one 1533. This has been debated and discussed several times before, but with many new Heuerists joining us of late i thought it wise to offer another heads up...

There are 2 more on Ebay right now, it seems that perhaps that Arno's auction and the thought of rising prices is the motivation...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heuer-Monaco-70er-Jahre-neu-/280578723046?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item4153cb8ce6, this seller has a blue and a black (only seen one black one before)

It is interesting that espeically the 73633 variants mostly have no Heuer signed back case or tool number and they need apparently a letter from TagHeuer authenticating them...well for me i'd rather bin this piece of paper as i have several of these dials and have inspected them closely, they do not resemble the authentic ones in all the crucial aspects of script, layout, detailing, painted markers and incorrect hands etc etc etc...They may have started out as genuine heuer watches and share many parts that are (which i guess is why Tag are happy to authenticate and service them) but these dials are not original.

I'd respectfully suggest that anyone thinking of a Monaco purchase avoids these unless they are buying either for parts or with the knowledge that they are not genuine original Heuer dials and are happy with that scenario...

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE