The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beware!!! Don't do "business" with Wilson Carter!!!

I was contacted by Mr.Wilson Carter after I had posted a WTB-post on ChronoTrader.

Apparently he had was I was searching for...6 Monaco dials for reference 1533G!!! And they only costed 120GBP per piece...what a bargain! Attached with his e-mail there were pictures included from David DeVos as well as from Amer Sibai, pictures which appeared here on the forum in the past ofcourse...both well known contributors of this forum. So I immediately knew there was something going on what was not right...

Gentlemen, please avoid this Wilson Carter as he is a Top Class A crook...willing to get his money via Western Union and leav you with your hands and pockets empty.

Rich and I played the game with him a few e-mails and I must admit the offer Rich made towards me and Wilson was very interesting :-) But Wilson wasn't interested anymore...what a shame!

So, buyers, traders, sellers, collectors....beware and always ask for "customised" pictures when dealing with a person you don't know...not talking from Western Union yet...

Take care,
Abel.

: I have also been contacted by Wilson Carter replying to a WTB in
: chronotrader and asking for payment in the same way as you have
: mentioned.
: I too felt suspicious so i asked him for photographs and have not
: herd from him since. I dont want to blacken his name without
: evidence to prove it but i would like to know if anyone else has
: been contacted by the same guy.
: Wilson - if you would like to introduce yourself to the forum we
: would be very happy to welcome you into our close community.
: Thanks - Darren
: -
: -: Hi Paul,
: :
: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE