The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: need HELP with Zenith El Primero

Stepan,

There is no unified reference for this watch, but I suggest you try the french Zenith forum at Forum a Montres and the two English ones at WatchUseek and TimeZone. You will have to do some of your own legwork. Once you have done it, post what you find so that there WILL be a unified reference. That's how OTD came to be!

A few notes though - the grey "flange" (I presume you mean tachymeter bezel) is a "tropical" type of light damage.
The 17J Movados were primarily for the american market, where Zenith was not allowed to market because of a trademark brouhaha with Zenith electronics, and where import taxes on watch movements were calculated based on jewels.

Good Luck!

: Hi guys,
: I know this is Heuer forum, but I didnt found anything like this
: for Zenith and because it is almost 3 years I'm looking for one
: I need help.

: I would like to know if someone has some catalogue for Zenith El
: Primero TV shape.

: I found that they used
: blue dial with blue flange dark date disc
: blue dial with grey flange dark date disc
: blue dial with blue flange and white date disc on late model

: also Movado is same but only 17 jewels:
: Movado blue dial blue flange but Zenith sign on dial
: Movado blue dial blue flange with Movado sign on dial

: are there any other versions?
: any identification web page?

: Totaly ware made 5000 pieces for Zenith but how many with blue
: flange / grey flange?

: thank you all for help.

: Stepan

Messages In This Thread

need HELP with Zenith El Primero
Re: need HELP with Zenith El Primero
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE