The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some more Montreals

The first Montreal I ever bought, and my favourite. Thought hard about selling it in the mid-2000's when Montreal's were not at all popular among Heuer collectors and they were pretty easy to find on ebay. Glad I didn't sell because this is one of my first Heuers and is just superb mix of bright colours and original polish but enough "wabi" to be an everyday wearer (beater would be going too far). As it's my first, the blue Montreal is my favourite. This is my favourite Montreal bracelet as well, I think the nicest alternative:

Disco Stu's watch, I would think. I think the white tropic sort of fitted the whole 70's thing but my wife and daughter made fun of me, so it's now on a flat link montreal bracelet. Still looks cool.

To me this is the weird watch in the Heuer line up. Why was there a cal12 PVD Montreal and never a 7750 Montreal in PVD? Makes no sense. But then if Heuer production made sense it would all be less fun. Probably my second favourite. None of the PVD wannabees released so frequently in the last couple of years (are you listening B&R?) capture the mix of style and heft as much as this one:

Also a classic. One of these I had got ruined in the fire at West Repairs a few years ago. Luckily I found another before Montreal's became much harder to find:

And finally, Disco Stu's formal watch. Really great model, but this one is not as nice as Mr. Rick's magnificent specimen. But it is still pretty nice. I found a Monaco style ridged link NSA bracelet in gold which complements it even better than the leather strap (no photos of that yet, sorry):

Go Candadiens!, I guess should be the message...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE