The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New In – A Diver and a Carrera

Two new additions representing the extremes of my Heuer collection. One is my grail Heuer which I have wanted since day one. The other is interesting in its own right and the first addition the Diver Master reference table.

Carrera 2447 SN – no words necessary so let the picture do the talking

Heuer Diver ref: 980.053 Mens 38mm with chrome plated case.

This fits in the table with the other known economy versions (980.033, 38 & 43). Both the chrome plated case and the bezel differentiate these references from the rest of the 1000 Series dive watches. The bezel is bi-directional and has no click stops when turning but rather a smooth action when rotated in either direction. The stainless steel backcase has no elaborate engraving and contains a Heuer signed quartz movement market ETA 963.114. The dial and hands are similar to the rest of the range. One further point of interest is the crown. The watch came with some original papers which details two types of crown locking systems to ensure 100% water protection. One is the screw down system which I am familiar with and the other is the Twist lock system (Crown with Heuer Logo). I thought that was an interesting statement because I have assumed that all Heuer 1000 divers should have the screw down crown. The twist lock system uses a bayonet lock with ½ a turn of the crown. So that’s what the instructions say but sadly the crown on this piece does not lock ad the movement is shot so all in all and interesting piece of Heuer Diver history now retired to the “what to do with” draw.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE