The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2446 Mareographe 1950...nah?

The site looks really good, I went straight to the history section. Fantastic to see TAG-Heuer pay so much respect to their history. One thing which didn't look right to me.. they have a photo of a 2446 cased Mareographe in the 1950 section. I am sure they got the Mareographe timing right (I'm not an expert in the origin of the Mareographe) but surely that is not a 1950s model.

And you can stop calling me Shirley.

PS: also, really interesting news that Eisenhower wore a Heuer. Even more amazing news that he had a time machine and wore a TAG-Heuer.

PPS: OK I admit the time machine quip was a sort of childish "comic book guy" comment.

Messages In This Thread

Launched Today: New Version of www.tagheuer.com
2446 Mareographe 1950...nah?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE