The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Discussion Topic: Fire Your Watchmaker When . . .

I love the idea, so let's all post our craziest watchmaker stories. Here are my two:

• Fire your watchmaker when . . . he calls and tells you that he has inadvertently tossed your Ring-Master in the trash, and the garbagemen came a few hours ago, so it is gone forever. but this watchmaker is still my watchmaker, because he is honest and absolutely awesome. and look on the bright side: now I have a spare set of rings!!
  • Fire your watchmaker when . . . he tells you that the hour recorder on the Valjoux 7736 is not supposed to reset to zero. rather, you let it keep running until it is back to zero, and then you stop the chronograph, and it will be ready to go, next time you need it. I didn't go back to this watchmaker, as he was in over his head and dishonest.
So who else has had occasion to fire (or not fire) their [awesome / awful] watchmaker? And to all the watchmakers out there, have you ever fired a customer?

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Discussion Topic: Fire Your Watchmaker When . . .
Re: Discussion Topic: Fire Your Watchmaker When . . .
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE