The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Talking of confusion over 'economy' models...
In Response To: Always had the same doubt... ()

I've been looking at the Monza's recently and am a bit confused over their 'economy' model described in the MOAT and in the Chronograph model breakdown list showing photo's. There, the 110.511 and 110.501 models are listed as 'economy' but have the cal 11 or more likely, the 12 movement. The 150.511 and 150.501 have the cal 15 movement which I always thought was an economy version of the cal 11/12 made for the Monaco etc??? Arghhhhhhh....

David H

: In fact even catalogues refer to 'economy' version or dials, but I
: never was able to grasp the full meaning of the phrase.
: I own a Viceroy and I must tell that I don't find in it anything
: more economocal than other watches - the quality sure does not
: seem lower!
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE