The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Happy New Year to Everyone; Amazing Two Weeks

I'm traveling with the family for New Years, and staying away from the computer (and the watches). So I am unable to do the customary "Year in Review".

It's interesting though, in lieu of the full=year review, to take a look at the last two weeks of 2010, as representing the entirety of the year 2010 . . . and what a two weeks our community has had (and they have also had a couple of great highlights for me, personally). So here is my super fast two-week review, in lieu of a full 52-week review, in no particular order:

• we had the London gathering, with around 50 collectors from 18 countries . . . huge thanks to Paul and many others for making this happen.
  • the next day, we had the amazing Bonhams auction of the Haslinger Collection . . . we all know what a great day this was for our brand
  • that day, I ordered a TAG Heuer Carrera Cal 1887, from a dealer in England . . . it's been amazing since the day I received it, and I believe that this new movement and Carrera will be another historic achievement for our brand
  • a couple of days ago, I received a fantastic Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer, from a new friend in Argentina . . . hopefully, the beginning of a new relationship
  • yesterday, on this forum, there was amazing collaboration to unravel one of the great mysteries, re the 7750-powered Pasadenas and Montreals . . . with a barrage of messages and some real focus by our members, some very useful information has been developed.
  • Through all this, the traffic and mood of this forum and OnTheDash has been exceptional . . . I don't check our traffic statistics often, but just look at the number of messages posted on this forum over the last few weeks or months.
  • there are some other wonderful collaborations occurring among our members . . . you will all see the results in just a few days.
So there you have it . . . an amazing two weeks, closing out a fantastic year for vintage and modern Heuers . . . I think about these accomplishments, and I am really excited about the prospects for 2011, year 151 for our beloved brand. I hope that all our members will enjoy 2011, as much as we have enjoyed the last two weeks.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Happy New Year to Everyone; Amazing Two Weeks
Re: Happy New Year to Everyone!!
Re: Happy New Year to Everyone!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE