The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: China? Any recommendations?

Hi Mark,

as forementioned, the market in China and HK is predominantly Rolex, Panerai and more recently Patek... A friend of mine (who's also a watch collector, but collects only Panerai) has family that resides in both Shanghai and Beijing. They check for him and myself on a regular basis in local preowned watch stores, but yet to yield a result with any vintage Heuers.

I have also tried searching in Japan (Tokyo & Osaka) and Taiwan (Taipei & Taichung) on my last two visits but also yielded no results. Majority of the buying and selling of vintage Heuer watches occur in Europe. Sadly, we as Australian collectors are in the wrong geographical region for this hobby...

However, with that said, there was one seller in HK last year who did put up a very good conditioned Heuer McQueen Monaco on eBay. Bids were hovering over $10K USD but then the seller cancelled the auction. My assumptions are the seller has sold the watch at a higher price through his store to another avid collector.

On an off topic - where abouts are you located Mark?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE