The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Added to OTD: 1970-71 Chronograph Identification Manual

Very interesting document. It could have gone some way to fulfilling my request for a 1970 price list to resolve a niggling question, but if anything it raises more questions than it answers!

Couple of points from a Carrera perspective:

I have never seen a first generation Carrera 30 with the 5 digit reference number, though ref numbers were being stamped by the time the 30s were introduced. I wonder if any made it to the wild - even if they did, the numbers are probably low as watches 2 through 4 there came out in fairly short succession. If any first generation Carrera 30 owners could check their watches, it would be appreciated. My earlier request for the price list was actually motivated in the opposite direction - I had been sent photos of a second generation 73353 case clearly marked 7853 in the correct font.

Not readily apparent from the B&W photo, but the 2448 and 73655 are both gold-plated models (hence the letter identifier C in the document). Now, the vast majority of 73655s that I have seen have had the champagne dial, though I have seen a handful with the early T (silver dial, black registers) and later S (all silver) dials. The above document clearly shows one with an N dial. Another one to add to my known unknowns list to be on the lookout for...

Jeff, I noticed OTD was very light (light as in one photo) on second gen manual Carrera photos, I'll send you some choice ones from my archives.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE