The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Come and gone in 2010

A late Happy New Year to all of you!

2010 was a great year for me as a Heuer collector. Lots of dealing and communicating with fellow collectors and the grand finale in London.

The Arno auction was an event that I will always remember. Everybody that I meet there were so friendly - liking a beer and good food and knowing so much about Heuer. And I saw more fantastic watches than I ever will. Forever enriched!

Thanks a lot to Arno, Bonhams, Paul Gavin and all the participants.

If you are interested I have made a list of what I came and went in my collection in 2010.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Came in 2010

Skipper 15640 (11063 V) cal. 15
Should have been the cal. 15 watch in my collection, but I ended up selling it again. I never wore it - probably because the dial didn’t appeal as I thought it would.

Monaco 1133 B Transition
Back in 2009 Darren showed me his 1133 B. That was the first time I had a Monaco in my hands and that made me understand the attraction. This rare and fantastic Transition came from Richard Crosthwaite – a keeper!

Carrera 1553 S - NOS with sticker and box
The Carreras are too small for my taste so I only bought this as an investment because the price was low. I ended up trading it for a Diver 100.

Silverstone 110.313 B
I regretted selling my first blue Silverstone to Darren so when Abel had this one OTD I grabbed it.

Monaco 1133 G/B (black dials)
Found this in a very sorry state in Sweden – but Abel transformed it to its former glory. Guess I am bitten by the Monaco bug!

Autavia Diver 100 11063 V
The Alpha Male of Heuer watches – nice big, heavy and chunky. The NOS Carrera paid for it.

TAG Heuer Super Professional 1000 meter
Could not resist this tools watch when it came up for the right price. I love it so now I am searching a pre TAG version, so let me here if you have one for sale.

Autavia 15630 cal. 15
After the auction in London, where I didn’t buy anything I just had to get a new Heuer quickly! This was on sale OTD and ended with me. It has a lot of personality with the bright orange colours. And it replaces the Skipper as the cal. 15 watch in my collection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gone in 2010

Autavia 1163 “Orange Boy”
Went to “Museum” in Italy who discovered that it is a "Chocolate". "Chocolate" dials are only seen in bright Italian sun and only realy appreciated by Italians;-) Up north we like out watches in colder colours.

Autavia 1163 “Derek Bell” or Viceroy style
I had 2 of these, so one had to go.

Autavia 2446 C Valjoux 72
Mint dail and NOS bezel. Sold with regret to make way for new Heuers. One I will miss.

Skipper 15640 (11063 V) cal. 15
Didn’t last long with me. Could not get used to the dial.

Autavia 3646 first execution case and first execution dial
Crazy Ron forced me to sell this when we met in London;-(
The only comfort is that it is in very good hands and that I know that he will keep it forever.

Hope you enjoyed this round trip in my collection.

Peter, Denmark
www.watchsite.dk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE