The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 11063V...

It has really been a struggle to get this watch...I agreed the purchase with Bootsy two weeks before the London Summit & Arno's auction and it finally arrived on Christmas Eve...a combination of a part being required for the movement, the weather and then the weather again delayed it terribly.

Then...the hunt began for the correct strap...after Abel suggested a 22mm strap I found a NOS 'Big Hole' Tropic for it in France...I think this one has always been on a strap as there are no marks on the case to show it has ever had a bracelet on it...and then I had to wait some more and be patient as I'd bought it over the Holidays!

But...today the Tropic arrived (which fills the lugs very well)...so it is finally ready...the dial is a little spotted and the bezel has some wear but the case is very nice and unpolished which is the most important to me...despite its size it wears very comfortably...and the way the light catches the star-burst graining is amazing on the wrist!!

John

Messages In This Thread

Autavia 11063V...
Re: Autavia 11063V...
Re: Autavia 11063V...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE