The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Congratulations: Something Special About the Red Ones
In Response To: My new addition to the family ()

Congratulations . . . what a beauty! Nice to see that it remains "in the family".

I believe that there is something special about the red Silverstones . . . the richness, depth, character of the paint, and the uniqueness of it being a red watch.

Having now seen the Fume Silverstone, in the metal (at the Bonhams / Haslinger preview, in NYC), I believe that this is also a magical paint / finish. Of course, there are those who are also strong advocates for the Blue Silverstones, as well. So it is nice that Heuer made these three flavours of the Silverstone, Red, Fume and Blue.

Enjoy this one!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Just unwrapped and had a few quick pics; A gorgeous mint red
: Silverstone, thanks Rich. All I need now is an original bracelet
: to finish it off!

:
:

:
:

: I wasn't initially sure about the red but I have to say, in the
: flesh, it looks fantastic.

: I now have a most patriotic collection, red, white and blue, rule
: Britannia!!

:
:

:
:

: David H

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE