The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Yes, Same Mac Tilton!
In Response To: Yes, Same Mac Tilton! ()

: I spoke to Mac last week. See, when Tony Adamowicz won the
: "Driver of the Year" award, mac Tilton won the
: "Mechanic of the Year". Tony suggested that I contact
: Mac to see if there was more to the story that Tony had
: forgotten. According to Mac, both he and Tony got telegrams
: before the banquet, and both scrambled to get to Denver on time.
: Mac has an identical watch, with a "Mechanic of the
: Year" inscription on the back. He still wears it, nearly 40
: years later! Mac is retired, and his son runs Tilton
: engineering.

I spoke to Mac last week. See, when Tony Adamowicz won the
: "Driver of the Year" award, mac Tilton won the
: "Mechanic of the Year". Tony suggested that I contact
: Mac to see if there was more to the story that Tony had
: forgotten. According to Mac, both he and Tony got telegrams
: before the banquet, and both scrambled to get to Denver on time.
: Mac has an identical watch, with a "Mechanic of the
: Year" inscription on the back. He still wears it, nearly 40
: years later! Mac is retired, and his son runs Tilton
: engineering.

Mac and I were an inseparable duo working together with Milestone Racing, out of Wilton, Conn.
Our efforts along with Don Breslauer, produced a 1968 Porsche 912 junk yard dog into a very
advanced 911 that blew the doors off the competition. We won 6 out of ten races and finished
2nd in two of the races, winning the 1968 under 2 liter Trans Am Championship for Porsche.
Our efforts led the way for Porsche to become convinced that the 911 was indeed a race car that
could run with the larger bore domestic V8's. You can see more pics of this great 911 on my bio
website at: http://www.a2zracer.com/page12.html

FYI, Mac and I teamed together for the 1969 Daytona 24 hr with a three car Porsche of America Race Team.
Bruce Jennings, Herb Weston and myself finished an incredible 4th overall, 1st in GT class for a 2 liter SWB
911. All the development from our Trans Am experience was passed on to this team, this is the best finish of
a true 911 GT car at Daytona 24 hr. see more of this race and pics at: http://www.a2zracer.com/page16.html

Motor Age Magazine is a publication that is delivered to auto mechanics and gas stations through
out the USA.

I am pleased that my good friend Bradley Gray is the keeper of both my Heuers, I do get visitation
rights and occasionally get to wear these beautiful historic chronographs.

Best to all who appreciate fine time pieces, Heuer Chronograph was indeed a leader race timing.

Cheers ! Tony " a2z Racer" Adamowicz

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE