The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Naked Dial Shot *PIC*

This pic is of the back of an early Carrera Dato dial, unusually signed many many times. Dials do fascinate me and most are unsigned or signed once, there seems to be no standard and i have even seen early Carrera dials with an unusual repeat pattern of what looks like tiny hearts clustered together (possibly clovers?). Will have to try and take a super macro pic of that sometime.

It got me wondering what other dial suppliers Heuer used in the 60s/70s and if anyone other than Singer made Monaco dials? Quite a few Monaco dials are unsigned although early ones do tend to have a single Singer stamp. I asked Jack Heuer recently and apart from continuing to find it amusing that we care so much about the details, he said he could not remember if there were others, but thought there must have been as they were always looking for prices to be trimmed and so encouraged competitiveness between suppliers...

Have we ever found proof of another Monaco or 60s 70s dial supplier for Heuer?

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE