The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Happy to see the old boots living a more glamourous life

I love the results of your efforts David. Definately the right look for certain watches as far as i'm concerned, my own preference is to marry it to an extra patina'd early 2446 Autavia.

I have had the 1st generation Autavia on all this weekend sporting one of your now famous re-born boot straps and its super comfortable.
As a side note it would seem that i have finally turned up a set of dauphine hands for my watch (fingers crossed) ... but more on that in a future forum posting.
Cheers - Darren
-
-
-
-: In any event, my Dad's boots leather is all used up, and LLBean
: will not give away old leather, some liability they say..foot
: fungus anyone? So I went on our favorite auction house and
: bought a couple of pair of old boots, took them apart,
: washed/disinfected the leather, and back to the hobby..
: hope you all like..
: Cheers,
: David

Messages In This Thread

OT, strapmaking #? lost count here.. *PIC*
Re: OT, strapmaking #? lost count here..
Happy to see the old boots living a more glamourous life
Nice straps......
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE