The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Rebirth of a Rindt Autavia

I recently bought this Autavia 2446H first execution case second execution dial, the so called “Jochen Rindt” Autavia.

During the negotiation I consulted Paolo, whom I had met in London during the Arno/Bonhams auction, where it was obvious that he is an expert on early manual Autavias. To my big surprise he said that it was no problem to remove the white “stars” on the dial and trusting him I gave it a go. Off to Paolo’s watchmaker Gian Carlo Martini in Parma with the grail and see what happened:

# The dial is so much better. No “stars” at all but still some (nice) patina on the registers.

# The hands were polished and new perfectly matching lumen, instead of beige paint.

# Three lumen dots were missing, but not anymore. And Jeff he is no cake decorator!

The movement was also serviced very nicely with fine photo documentation. All in all I am VERY satisfied. It was not cheap, but worth every penny!

Thanks Paolo - you were right!

Enjoy
Peter, Denmark

High res picture here https://picasaweb.google.com/alphaakustik/DiverseHeuer#5589213225601679954

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE