The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2Heuer2 - what should I do? *PIC*

Hi all,

I'm a regular reader of this very interesting forum and this is not my first post, but let me introduce myself:

I think you can call me a Heuer-Greenhorn:
One year ago a good friend of mine showed me an old Heuer catalogue (must be from the 70s) and that was the beginning of a new love. I do extensive researching in the web (of course I discovered very quick onthedash.com) and soon after I was happy to have some vintage Heuers on my wrist.

Last sunday was my birthday and I said to my girlfriend and family and friends to celebrate this day with champagne and cookies and I don't want any present from them. So I decide to make myself a birthday gift: It is this 2Heuer2. The seller told me it comes from the inheritance of a french based man. I love this small little watch, if the patina could tell the story about the last 50 or 60 years, it would be amazing. Sorry for the poor pics, I hope you can see something. But my digicam is not the best for this kind of watch shots, so I put the pics together from the seller.

I discovered Jarl give some information about this special kind of Heuer watches (Thanks Jarl!) and here is a little bit french information about 2Heuer2:
La petite histoire des chronographes 2Heuer2 - Le blog Chronovintage
(http://chronovintage.over-blog.com/article-la-petite-histoire-des-chronographe-2heuer2-53283884.html)
But is it right there is nothing more? The mystery about the 2 before and after the logo isn't already solved? I couldn't find something ...

And what's your opinion:
What is to do with this small beauty? I would leave it like it is.
But should I do a service & cleaning? And where should I do it (In case it is important: I'm living in Germany)? Or can I go to a "normal" watchmaker?
What kind of strap would you choose? Leather strap? Or a nato strap because of its (military) history? What colour would you prefer?
I think a racing style strap wouldn't fit very well.

I would be very pleased if I get some replies and suggestions.
Per

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE