The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Photos -- Abercrombie Autavia Ref 2446C

Here are a couple of quick and (very) dirty photos of the Autavias. [My apology for the reddish / brown blotches (and dust) on the earlier guy (top photos) . . . these were shot quickly in the middle of the night. I believe that the dials are nearly perfect; jet black.]

The first watch shown below is earlier, with "plain" polished steel hands (and luminous inserts); the second one is later, and has black inserts in the hands (as well as the luminous).

Coming soon, a couple of quick photos of the Seafarer.

These watches are owned by a Heuer friend; he will probably be selling a couple of them; I will contact him soon to understand his exact parameters / price objectives. In the meanwhile, please let me know if you are interested in any of the four watches. I have received expressions of interest / offers on the two Autavias shown here.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Pardon me, but I seem to have taken a wrong turn, and have lost
: my way to Chuck's Flea Market . . . and I also may be a day or
: two late in arriving. In any event, who can provide directions
: for me and my four friends, shown below? [My apology for the
: awful photo; camera is at home, but no internet there; good
: internet at the office, but the only camera is in the old
: BlackBerry.]

: I'm not sure that all four will be offered for sale, but I imagine
: at least two of them will be.

: Thoughts? Expressions of interest? Preemptive offers of
: "stupid money" that will make my head spin? And the
: answer is "yes", there are two of the 2446C Autavias,
: marked "Abercrombie & Fitch"!!

: Jeff

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE