The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beware: Micheal Peters // Alley Barry

I have just received an e-mail from somebody whose name is either Barry Alley or Michael Peters. He wrote that he lives in Britain (even gave a phone number) and is looking for a present for his "in-law". He wants me to send it to a person in Nigeria. But read for yourself ...

-------------------------

Thanks for your quick respond, i am really happy to read from you. i am a
native of Austria currently living in United Kingdom and working as a marine
Engineer,I had never buy from this site, but a friend told me it is nice and
secure to buy from here. I want this item for my in-law who has just been
transferred to West Africa to head one of their studios branches over
there.I will add 150.00 euro to the payment for the postage of it. So,kindly
let me know the total cost of this item and the shipping cost via your local
post office by EMS Global registered Airmail. Also let me know your Payment
, so that i can go ahead to make the payment to you as soon as possible.

Below is the postage Address:

QUDUS OLABAMIJI SUARA
155 IREMO ROAD,
ILE IFE,
OSUN STATE,
NIGERIA,

By bank transfer:
BANK NAME:
BANK ADDRESS:
Bank Country:
Account Name:
ACCOUNT NUMBER:
IBAN CODE:
BIC CODE:

PayPal:
PayPal Address

Micheal Peters
[phone number]

------------------------------------

Strange for various reasons: The very high postage costs he offers, the person in Nigeria, the way he lists the bank details he is after ...

I contacted the site where I was offering the watch (chrono24) and they said many e-mails like that one were floating around and I should not give my bank details. Then I searched the net and, indeed, exactly the same with the same wording sems to be floating around. Just for curious reasons, I wrote back and said that I was told not to give my bank details, and if he would be willing to pay via paypal. He just wrote "Ok paypal". So some gangsters can even do harmful things with the e-mail address of the paypal account? I certainly wouldn't give it to him, either.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE