The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A chuck of silver dialed coolness (thanks to Abel)...

This one has been long in the making. Bought from 'bay a while back, it was in a bad state. Sent it off for a 'spa break' at Abel's world class Heuer spa clinic! As usual, he worked his magic - Thanks Abel, I really appreciate your talent. There is something very pleasing about rescuing a piece like this, I'm glad I did.

I sourced a new bezel insert from 'bay (you know - US the seller). It was a little too big, so I had to carefully sand the circumference, remove the 'incorrect' raised pearl dot at 12, and fill with acrylic paint. (took 2 attempts - I snapped the first insert - grrr)... Anyway, it is very photogenic.. so here are some of the pics, hopefully they show off Abel's considerable talent.

Thanks again Abel - you're a legend.

PS. Does anyone know what years these were produced in??

As always - more pics/info at http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2011/05/22/autavia-11630-mh-silver-dial/

Wearing it right now on the NATO - lovin' it!!!!
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE