The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Senna - the film - reminder 3rd June (UK)

I have a past career in international karting from 1983 to 1990 with DAP.
I had like teammate Sospiri, Zanardi and I drove against Trulli, Fisichella, M. Schumacher and many others...
A terrible road accident and a rare disease destroyed my career in 6 month and now I'm a tester driver for many italian car magazines, kart magazine and bike too...
Driving for mr. Angelo Parrilla, I know a lot of Senna's story. Angelo given me Senna's Seiko Bullhead this year, the watch that Ayrton give him in 1983, with a beautifull presentation letter where he talk about the story of this watch.
He didn't like racing cars! He only wanted to win world karting championship. Cars arrived only after world championship in Estoril, where Senna arrived 2° only for a strange regulation impose to help another important team (very long to explain...): this is the first theft that CIK-FIA made to Ayrton. The second one is in Japan with Prost!

Last year, for joke, I drove in south italian kart championship, that I won with a powerfull kart with rotary engine that got 60 HP!
A lot of young driver hate my partecipation: before race they teased me like an old... after first race they come to me to ask if I can leave championship to help their career...
I won 3 race on 5: 1 I was thrown out by a double, another one I got some problems with clutch.

This year I will try to win again italian south championship (I don't want to have long trip on weekend to race in north Italy too) and I will partecipate to 40 th over World Championship in Jesolo, like DAP official driver. ahhahahahahahahaahhaah!
Some pictures of last year championship...

this is with historical kart DAP Grand Prix- DAP T80 Corsair, in Parma's last race

Ayrton Senna's Seiko Bullhead, Angelo Parrilla gift, now in my collection

: Thanks Bullitt, very interesting.

: Do you race now? or have a past racing career?

: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE