The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
344 also equivalent to SR1136SW, SR1136, V344, 242, SR42.
In Response To: Need battery number?? ()

While I don't know for sure that this watch takes a 344 (the experts will have to ber trusted for that confirmation), I can tell you that according to "batterymart.com", the following batteries are its equivalent: SR1136SW, SR1136, V344, 242, SR42.
The important parameters are voltage, capacity, height and diameter. The 344 and its equivalents are 1.55V, 100mAh capacity, 3.6mm height and 11.6mm diameter. The 392 battery that Tim mentions is also 1.55V and 3.6mm height but it is smaller in diameter at 7.9mm and has a much lower capacity at 45mAh. Therefore, if the 344 is correct (and it sounds like it is), then the 392 will be smaller and possibly prone to moving around, and the lower capacity will probably result in a much shorter life.
Steve

: What battery does a Heuer 980.027 Dive watch take? It is the dual
: time with digital and analog circa 1983. I have an Energizer 344
: that is in it now, but I can't find one unless I buy one on
: eBay. I want to make sure that I am getting the correct one. The
: movement is the
: ESA Y2 900 231. Does anyone know the correct battery for this?

: Thanks

: Ken

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE