The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Questions on original Heuer lume colors

Dan, i'd really not assume anything Tag Heuer do is default consistent with factory spec...or any watch manufacturer once it gets a vintage watch in their hands...

The brochures seem to show a yellow to pale green lume, however this has patina'd over time to a creamy colour on most Monacos. There is a difference in tech now as well as back then they used tritium and now they use luminova. It's personal pref i guess to what you'd like, but the several "true nos" Monacos i have held and inspected (that had been literally untouched and never opened) had a perfect cream lume. If i was restoring a Monaco, this is what i'd rather see, however if the dial lume is lost, i'd probably prefer to leave the dial as is and relume the hands a creamy colour. Nobody i know can match the close to perfect orignal domed lume plots the factory put out back in the 1970s.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: With an incoming relumed Monaco, I was wondering how wide the range
: of lume colors was. Was there a lot of variation, or was pure
: white the default color? It seems that when TH services a watch,
: it provides bright white lume, so I imagine this is consistent
: with original factory specs.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE