The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A & F Seafarer - a note for the forum

Gents,

Some of you may have noticed the A&F Seafarer on the 'bay just now (item # 380352711529). I took a chance on this watch despite the poor images on June 11, trusting in the seller's description. Both the description and the seller proved a disappointment and I have - obviously, for it is on sale again - returned it. The dial has significant paint loss around the hour markers and the beginnings of rust, although the movement seems to me to be correct and clean, as does the case. The pictures below speak for themselves. The seller delayed 12 days in shipping the watch in order to cash my payment out of PayPal (by his own admission) and sent me a spurious tracking number to delay me opening a dispute. He only shipped the watch when I did open a dispute 48 hours later, the tracking number not having appeared on the USPS website. When I received the watch, I asked for a refund in less than 24 hrs (thank you to Paul and Eric who gave me prompt input on this), which he refused for several days, telling me he spent the money (!). Another formal "item not as described" dispute followed, and I expect my final refund to post to my account tomorrow, nearly one month after purchase. That is a very brief summary of what you can imagine was lengthy and unpleasant interaction with a less than accommodating seller. I am posting this not out of mean-spiritedness but with the intent of sparing one of my fellow enthusiasts some aggravation and perhaps money. The watch may after all be of some use to someone at a lower price. Caveat emptor.

Messages In This Thread

A & F Seafarer - a note for the forum
Caveat emptor indeed
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE