The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
That's if school got it right in the first place...
In Response To: Ahhh... castellation ()

I was embarrassed when I was teaching English at a grammar school in Germany that the students were expected to know as the "present participative gerund form" what were generally taught as "-ing words" at British schools. Sad state of affairs that they were being taught the correct term whilst the Brits had to put up with a childish simplification. No wonder English speaking is going down the drain, know what I mean innit?

An inspiring teacher can make all the difference - it's why I went on to study German at Uni, rather than the Chemistry or maybe Physics I had been expecting to when younger. And I'm thankful for that every day, don't know that I would have enjoyed a science degree half as much!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE