The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Assessment of this Super Autavia
In Response To: Super Autavia ()

To begin with the elephant in the room . . . the price: $4,000 seems to be somewhat "ahead of the market". For the longest time, we saw these guys trading in the $2,000 to $2,500, then a few months ago, they began to top $3,000. I have seen several in the $3,000 to $3,500 range, but I don't recall seeing any at the $4,000 level. Still, the trend is strong, which is why I say that this price may be ahead of the market. It doesn't seem like a crazy price, but I would say that $4,000 is above current market (unless we are looking at mint or new old stock, with the box and instructions.

The timepiece itself looks nice . . . dial and hands appear to be original; the paint on the hands looks very fresh and clean. At this proce level, we should hope that this is the original paint, rather than recent repaint. Same for the numerals . . . can't tell from these photos, but let's hope this is the paint put on by the factory.

The movement also looks nice . . . it's got to be authentic, and I can't recall ever seeing a fake in a Super Autavia.

The back-plate, however, is not correct for this Super Autavia, as the orange sticker says, "Master Time". Not such a big deal, in and of itself, but at this kind of price, seems to me that everything should be original, even the backplate.

Enjoy this one!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++: Hi, I was hoping someone who specializes and has expertise in the
: Dash timer spectrum of Heuers could give me your opinion on this
: Super Autavia Dash Clock/Timer

: I appreciate any information on this piece, does it look all
: original, dial, movement, ETC.

: Here is the ebay link

:
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250880855895?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

: Thank you so much

: John

Messages In This Thread

Super Autavia
Assessment of this Super Autavia
Re: Assessment of this Super Autavia
Will Reply Tonight
Re: Will Reply Tonight
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE