The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2011 some highlights

Taking stock of my “watch year” so far I can confidently say that it has been another great one and it aint over yet. I have had far less time to devote to this passion than years gone by and there is no let up in sight. That has made the time I have spent even more enjoyable and a wonderful diversion from the pressure and stress at work.

Working with Rich on the book “Heuer Monaco, Design Classic” was a rewarding experience and a great privilege. Seeing it, holding it and finally reading it was pure enjoyment for me and certainly one of this years highlights.

The February G2G in Paris was great fun and spending quality watch (and car) time with Laurent was memorable. His passion is infectious and whenever I need a boost I just call him. He is a great friend and epitomises the spirit of watch collecting.

As far as my collection goes my mantra was “Less is More”. There were a few that went on to new homes and were replaced by some absolute gems: Fume Silverstone, Monaco 1533G, Zenith El Primero, Autavia 3646, Carrera 2447 SND & Carrera Dato 3147N Jordanian Air Force (just back home, no pictures yet).

But the most satisfying of all was the completion of my Carrera 1153 Chronomatic. It was an exercise in patience and after almost 2 years the project landed on Abel’s desk to complete. I would not trust this one to anyone else but the Belgian Master. He did some amazing things for me this year and besides being a true gentleman and the nicest person you could ever wish to meet, his skills are second to none. So when I finally got the package, which included some of the above, and the Chronomatic I was overjoyed. For the first time I could actually see and appreciate the dial. I am not one to mess with watches. I just manage to change the odd strap and that’s it so I had never really seen the dial but only what I could make out through a scuffed crystal. And it’s all about the dial. As a Carrera man through and through this represents the pinnacle of my collection on many levels.

Last but not least my brief, one week holiday in the Kefelonian sun. Time away from it all and the undivided attention of my family. The days were glorious and what better way to pass the holiday time than a long lunch of calamari, lamb, feta, tomatoes, and olives on a shady terrace overlooking a small harbour. The pressure and stress melting away under the Mediterranean sun.

And next week its Goodwood Revival.

Regards
Paul www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE