The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 3147N Dato Jordanian Air Force

I have been after one of these for a very long time and my patience paid off. Thanks to ebay and some favouritism (no idea why) I was the chosen one and my offer was accepted. It was in a poor state when I got it. The dial was damaged, the crown was incorrect, the crystal was a wreck and so too was the movement. Thankfully, the case was satisfactory and most important for me, the inner bezel was in good shape. I say that because apart from the engraving on the backcase, the bezel is unique and gives the watch it’s distinctive appearance, different to all other 1st generation Carrera’s. The bezel was discussed in an earlier post but as I am the current owner I will stand up for its authenticity (as one does) and besides, it looks great.
Thanks to Anthony Receveur, the watch is back with a new dial, hands, crown, pushers, crystal and a movement that works. It a delight to wear and satisfies my current penchant for white on black dialled Carrera’s.

regards to all
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE