The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Once in a while luck pays off... *PIC*

some of you may remember this watch, on the discussion forum briefly, then on Chronotrader..I took a chance, and it paid off..the master did his magic, and this beauty has a new life..
Dial had signs of paint loss, hands had been badly relumed..well as it turns out, there was no paint loss, just shades of old gasket goop..
dial was cleaned, hands and markers relumed, case left untouched, pushers cleaned, new gaskets where needed, movement oiled and regulated. Had been serviced twice in it's life, cal.11i..a one owner watch..
This watch is going to have a well deserved second life..could not be happier!!
Cheers,
David

Messages In This Thread

Once in a while luck pays off... *PIC*
Re: Once in a while luck pays off...
Once in a while luck pays off...
Very nice! I'm jealous :-) *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE