The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Super Autavia Through the Roof
In Response To: Super Autavia Through the Roof ()

As I recall only three to four of these earlier version SA's came up on eBay in 10 years. Last one went for about $5000 and that was not that long ago (year or 2, perhaps) But this is surely the time any of these dash pieces that had gone over the 5 figure threshhold. I did try to join the race, but once it had pass the $6,000 mark, I had to say, "Whoa and Wow!"

: A very nice Super Autavia just sold on eBay for $11,211.11

:
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320780029171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

: What amazes me is that there were three others, also nice, on the
: bay, and one sold for $3700, one for $3500, and one didn't sell
: at $5995 (this was the one offered first time around for $9995,
: and subsequently reduced).

:
: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=heuer%20super%20autavia&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

: That people would bid up the one to over $11k and not even notice
: the others is quite astounding. I wonder if it will be back on
: ebay next week at $15k?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE