The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Anyone Care to Comment: High-End Private Sales?

All of us watch the Heuers offered and sold on eBay, with the occasional comments on this forum about a particularly high or low price being achieved.

I am wondering whether anyone might be willing and able to comment on the State of the Market toward the very high end of the vintage Heuers. To be more specific, who can provide price ranges or comments for recent sales of the Chronomatics (Autavia, Monaco or Carrera) or the Black PVD Monacos (74033N)? I know that there have been a few of these on the move recently. Can anyone tell us the price levels at which they are moving?

Phrased differently, if we were updating the Price Gude right now, what would we show for the four Chronomatics (1163T, 1163MH, 1133 and 1153) and the Black PVD Monaco? When I have a minute, I'll check Rich's price guide, but I wonder what people are seeing?

Might we hear from buyers / sellers / other in the know? No need for precise details . . . ballpark figures may be interesting enough.

If the replies are limited, I will assume that buyers and sellers prefer to keep this information private.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE