The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
CFM For Sale: 18 Karat Gold Bracelet (for Carrera, Ref 1158)

This is one of the rarest Heuer “pieces” that you will ever see. No, it’s not a timepiece . . . not the watch shown here, but the bracelet that you see attached. This is a full length, 18 karat gold bracelet, made exclusively for the Carrera 1158 chronographs.

The workmanship on this bracelet is absolutely remarkable, with hundreds of tiny links forming an amazing piece of jewelry. This bracelet complements the 18 karat gold Carrera Ref 1158 perfectly, and the integration of the design is amazing. Yes, the bracelet and the watch were made for each other.

The weight of the bracelet is 73 grams. By comparison, the weight of the watch case (without the movement) is 48 grams. The bracelet is in excellent condition, from one end to the other.

Deciding what to do with this bracelet has been a dilemma, from the first day that I acquired the watch. The bracelet is too long for my skinny little wrist, but I did not want to have the length of the bracelet cut (and I didn’t want to fatten up my wrists, just to be able to wear the bracelet). My philosophy has always been that if I have a watch that I am not wearing, then I should sell it, and now I have decided to apply this same approach to this bracelet.

I am seeking the best offer above a minimum of $7,500, and am expecting to let this offer run for some time, given the scarcity of the bracelet and my desire to let the word get out to the “usual suspects” who own these watches. I am also reserving the right (a) to withdraw the offer without selling the bracelet or (b) to sell the bracelet quickly in response to a strong offer. So please make your offer accordingly.

In over 10 years of collecting the Heuer chronographs, I cannot recall seeing any of these 18 karat gold bracelets offered for sale (either alone or attached to a watch). If you are lucky enough to own one of these “grail” Carreras, ask yourself when you might ever expect to find the “grail” bracelet to accompany the watch.

You can read more about these bracelets here -- http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/63.Carrera/e.Automatic_Early/d.Ref_1158/

Please write to me with any questions or requests. Bank wire only; no PayPal; no credit cards; no nonsense! And just to be sure we understand each other: I am selling the bracelet, not the watch.

Thanks,

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE