The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 7863T (part II) + 1
In Response To: 7863T (part II) ()

Hi Mark - congratulations on finding this one. You are not wrong in assuming they are rare. I have counted a total of 6 come up for sale worldwide on ebay in 3 and a half years and only know of one other member of the community who has one in their collection. Their relative obscurity/scarcity possibly makes them less valuable that other contemporaries even though they are rare. Regardless of all that they are my favourite of the Autavia snap back cases and I wear mine often. They are also rather photogenic so keep at it and enjoy wearing it.
regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

ps. please excuse this set of images seen many times before but I just couldn't help it :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE