The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bracelet vs. Strap

Indeed, after reading the serial numbers with an 8x loupe, I installed the bracelet. The case sides must have gotten a light polish before the sale—the radial satin finish on top is unmolested and perfect.

I agree with Mark that the bracelet fits very nicely (and I am a bit of a bracelet fanatic), but the brown strap I have looks the biz!

Still, it is interesting that I have the same-ish bracelet from an Orfina of the same era, and the Heuer item is nicer with screw-in link pins and a more adjustable clasp. Once again, Heuer proves to be the better value!

I must say that this is about to rival my 1553s as a favorite. It is a shame that many of the perfect lume rectangles fell to pieces as a result of the service, but I'd rather have a perfectly functioning watch than perfect lume markers.

: Less likely to suffer abrasion from a bracelet, but more likely to
: get scratched and rubbed by everything else under the sun! I've
: spent more time walking around the house and garden with a loupe
: and direct and indirect light sources trying to read barrel
: Carrera serials than any other watch!

: Try it on the bracelet, I find these very well suited to them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE