The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Rekindled love for my only 'small' Carrera
In Response To: Slow news day for the NYT? ()

Maybe we've all been sucked in by the big watch syndrome.. I'm guilty of not paying any attention to my only Carrera, a barrel model, due to it's slightly smaller size.
Tonight I've put that right, and being wearing it, and it's wonderful. Apart from the fact that I can't stop looking at the beauty of the dial, it doesn't take long at all to 'get used' to a smaller cased watch. To think I considered selling it without really wearing it. I think watch size is a progressive thing.. you wear one and get used to it's size.. so a bigger watch seems the way to go, so bigger pieces are sought.
So, wear a smaller watch, and get used to it for a few hours.. hopefully you'll rediscover something well proportioned and beautiful.

Stewart

: I agree with David, they're a bit behind the times with this one
: (excuse the pun), watches seem to be getting smaller again.

: I've seen on a number of other forums posts asking whether someone
: can get away with wearing xxmm sized watches:

: - if you have to ask the question, it's too big for you.
: - if lugs are hanging in empty space either side of your wrist,
: it's too big for you.
: - if you struggle to fit it under a cuff, it's too big for you.
: - if you're constantly catching it on the things around you, it's
: too big for you.
: - if it's over 46mm and you don't have 9" wrists, it's too big
: for you.
: - hell, if it even occurs to you to think to ask the
: question, it's too big for you.

: And after all that, if you still think it suits you, then please
: note it's 2011 now.

: I'm not a fan of oversized watches, can you tell? ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE